Tuesday, September 21, 2010

HELLO

Why this blog? Why now?  At the end of August I went to a writers’ festival and attended a workshop with the very funny writer Terry Fallis (he’s got a Leacock Medal to prove it). The workshop wasn’t about writing or being funny, it was about SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION -- something I’ve always struggled with -- but here I am shamelessly promoting by children’s (print-on-demand) picture book: The Tiny Tiger.  I wrote the book for my daughter’s third birthday, to celebrate her, and our journey to becoming a family. 

In my experience, three-year-olds don’t care about filling out forms, home-studies, and the like. Grown-up stuff = boring. So, I wrote about tigers. One looking for his echo and another looking for the end of a red string. Both of which lead to the same place...a tiny tiger all alone. And a family is born!

From the moment I heard the red thread proverb, I was enchanted. It’s so simple and, well, so true. For those of you who aren’t familiar with it, here it is:
Those who are destined to meet are connected
by an invisible red thread. The thread may become tangled
or stretched but it will not break.
I love a red thread story and I’d love to hear yours...there’s lots of space below to share. Don’t be shy. If helps, I’ll go first...(this time without the animal avatars)...

No comments:

Post a Comment